REGULATIONS of the World Cup 2019 in draughts-64
Approved by the Board of the International Draughts Federation (IDF) 15.12.2018
1. Goals and objectives
1.1. Competitions are held for the purpose of draughts-64 in the world.
1.2. The objectives of the World Cup are:
– improving sports mastery;
– fulfillment of norms of international titles;
– determination of best players;
– the selection for the official competitions in 2020;
– strengthening the friendly relations between the draughts players from different countries.
2. Competition organizers
2.1. Overall management of the organization of competitions carried out by:
– International Draughts Federation (IDF) – hereinafter IDF.
– The organizers of each stage of the World Cup.
2.2. Direct holding of competitions shall the Main panel of arbiters approved by the IDF Board.
3. Place and date of
|1||International competition «Georgia-2019»||Tbilisi, Georgia||RUS||BR||RUS||23.03.2019 31.03.2019|
|2||International competition «Rimini-2019»||Rimini, Italy||RUS||BR||RUS||15.06.2019 22.06.2019|
|3||International competition «Jogeva-2019»||Jogeva, Estonia||RUS||RUS||——||09.08.2019
|4||International competition «Bulgaria-2019»||Kranevo, Bulgaria||——||BR||RUS||26.08.2019
|5||World Cup Final
International competition «Portugal-2019»
Perhaps additional stages will be included in the World Cup 2019.
All players regardless of gender, age and rating, who have registered in the established order, are allowed to participate at all stages of competitions. The number of participants representing the country is unlimited.
5. Requirements for participants
5.1. Participants must comply with the Rules of the game and competitions in draughts-64.
5.2. Participants must comply with the Code of Ethics.
5.3. Participants must be present at the competitions, opening and closing ceremonies in compliance with the dress code. In the absence of the closing ceremony, participants are deprived of official awards. Awards are not sent and are not transmitted.
6. System of competitions
6.1. Competitions are personal.
6.2. Competitions are held in accordance with the Official Rules of the game and competitions in draughts-64.
6.3. The system of holding and time control at every stage is established of the panel of arbiters.
6.4. Norms of international titles are established in competitions.
7. Determination of winners
7.1. Places in the competition at the each stage and in each nomination are determined by the highest total of points scored by the participants. For the victory is given – 2 points, for a draw – 1 point and for loss – 0.
7.2. In case of equality of points for two or more participants, the participants’ places are determined in accordance with the rules of the competition.
7.3. At each stage in each nomination winners and prize-winners are determined among men and women, and also, depending on the number of participants, among juniors under 20 years old, boys and girls born in 2003 and younger, veterans.
8. Summary of the World Cup.
Separate summing up The World Cup 2019 is held in three nominations:
8.1. World Cup. Classic game
8.2. World Cup. Rapid
8.3. World Cup. Blitz
8.4. In each category winners among men and women are determined.
8.5. At each stage of the World Cup in each nomination, participants receive points according occupied places:
|Occupied place||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12||13||14||15||16||17||18||19||20||21 ….|
8.6. In the overall World Cup standings in each nomination the points scored at all stages are summed up.
8.7. In case of equality of points for two or more participants, the places of participants in the overall World Cup standings in each nomination are determined by the highest place occupied in one of the stages. In case of equality of this indicator – at the highest place, occupied in another stage, etc.
9.1. Prize-winner in the overall World Cup standings in each nomination can be recognized players, who participated in at least 3 stages of this nomination.
9.2. The winner of the World Cup in each nomination is awarded the title:
– “The winner of the World Cup 2019 in draughts-64”
– “The winner of the World Cup Rapid 2019 in draughts-64”
– “The winner of the World Cup Blitz 2019 in draughts-64”
9.3. The winner of the World Cup among women in each category is awarded the title:
– “The winner of the World Cup 2019 in draughts-64 among women”
– “The winner of the World Cup Rapid 2019 in draughts-64 among women”
– “The winner of the World Cup Blitz 2019 Blitz in draughts-64 among women”
9.4. In each nomination the winner is awarded with a cup, a medal and a diploma. The participants who took second and third places are awarded with medals and diplomas.
9.5. The winner of the World Cup 2019 in the classic game receives the title of “International Grandmaster”. The participants who took second and third place receive the title of “International Master”.
9.6. The winners of the World Cup 2019 in Rapid and Blitz receive the title of “International Master”. The participants who took second and third place receive the title “Master IDF”.
9.7. The winners and prize-winners of the stages of World Cup 2019 receive titles in accordance with the Rules for the assignment of IDF international titles.
9.8. Prize-winners of the World Cup 2019 among men and women in the classic game are allowed to participate in the European Championship 2020.
9.9. The winners of the World Cup 2019 among men and women in the classic game will be provided accommodation and meals in the European Championship 2020 at the expense of the organizers.
9.10. The winner of the World Cup 2019 among men in the classic game will be provided with accommodation at two stages of the World Cup 2020. Participants who took second and third place in the World Cup 2019 among men in the classic game will be provided with accommodation at one stage of the World Cup 2020.
10.1. Costs at each stage:
– for the competition; rental of gaming halls (availability of Internet access required), production of attributes, information and advertising materials; awards (prize money, trophies, medals, diplomas); payment of work of panel of arbiters and staff; travel costs; computer software – at the expenses of the immediate conducting organizations;
– Admission: accommodation and meals not less than 6 foreign participants and 2 representatives of the IDF; accommodation, meals and travel expenses for Main Arbiter – at the expenses of the immediate conducting organizations;
– The costs of all other participants (accommodation, meals, travel expenses, visas, etc.) – at the expenses of the sending organizations or the participants themselves;
10.2. The costs of the awarding in the Overall World Cup 2019 (cups, medals, diplomas) – at the expenses of IDF.